JAZZ GUITAR WORKOUT
Understanding harmonic concepts is important but putting them into practice is a challenge. In this group you will play through an array of concepts and musical phrases in all keys—a jazz guitar “workout.” I’ll perform along to loops of individual chords and chord changes. Then you’ll play along with me and the other participants. Ask questions and receive feedback as you go, and end up “in shape.”
If you’ve studied scales and arpeggios but haven’t discovered how they apply to real playing, come work out with us! You’ll develop the ability to hear and see the changes, and then comp and play lines that fit. Enjoy support, camaraderie, and accountability.
- Master chord/scale relationships
- Internalize and visualize the sounds of the various scale modes
- Spell, play and hear different 13th arpeggios and chords
- Explore arpeggio and chord superimpositions to build lush lines and chords
- Play arpeggios with fluidity
- Expand your chord vocabulary, including inversions
- Combine harmonic ideas with swinging rhythms
- Explore starting phrases on and off the beat
- Experiment with chord durations and tempos
- Master chords and arpeggios through cycles
- Internalize Major and Minor II-V-I-VI in all keys down in steps
- Perform chordal and linear phrases through cycles
Are you ready for this class? Get in touch!