Chord Melody – Favorite Ballads!
Chord Melody From the Ground Up
Master the unique challenges presented by your favorite ballads. Find voicings and harmonies that complement the melody. Play the song and not just the changes!
Sundays 12 Noon EST, 90 Minutes
Dates are July 11th and 25th, August st, 8th and 15th
Total cost for new students is $199
Current and past students can inquire about a discount!
Select one of the following ballads (My One and Only Love, Embraceable You, The Nearness of You, Darn That Dream, Here’s That Rainy Day, ‘Round Midnight). I’ll present ways to learn and interpret the selected tunes, offer basic “shell” arrangements, and share ways to embellish those arrangements.
Explore chord voicing, chord substitution, inner voice and bass line movement, groove, tempo and form. Perform your arrangement with musicality; be dynamic and expressive, and use space like a virtuoso.
Join the class live or watch the recordings and participate on your own schedule.
- Class meets online for five consecutive Sundays
- Join a group of supportive and encouraging jazz guitarists
- Break complex harmony down into simple concepts
- Dive deep into 8 bars each week
- Get access to the Peter Mazza workbook
- Share your progress in the private Facebook group
- Perform your arrangement in the final session.
The course introduction and materials will be emailed to you once your registration is complete. Please check your spam box. The email was sent … really. Wait an hour before emailing for help.