Chord Melody – All the Things You Are PART ONE Selected Sundays 9:30am EST
Chord Melody From the Ground Up
All the Things You Are
All the Things You Are – Part One (learn the tools to complete your own chord melody, and receive a full walk-through my harmonic and technical concepts) Sundays 9:30am EST, 90 Minutes
Dates are July 11th and 25th, August 1st, 8th and 15th
Total cost for new students is $199
Current and past students can inquire about a discount!
- My very basic “shell” arrangement for ATTYA and learning to perform it musically/dynamically by playing/phrasing it to compliment the song’s lyrics, with rhythmic flow, expression and clarity in mind.
- The main ways we voice chords on the guitar and how to identify and use all the intervals (R 3 5 7 9 11 13) in a chord
- Understand chord progressions (cycles)
- Master chord substitution (diatonic substitution, secondary dominant 7ths, tritone substitutions and beyond!)
- Explore chord scale relationships from Major, Melodic Minor and Diminished scales, and apply them effectively.
- A total overview jazz harmony applied to the guitar fingerboard
- Ways to get more value from practicing and performing
*A number of students have elected to take this 5-week segment more than once as it’s rich with ideas and fundamentals.
Join the class live or watch the recordings and participate on your own schedule!
Class meets online on selected Sundays
- Join a group of supportive and encouraging jazz guitarists
- Break complex harmony down into simple concepts
- Dive deep into 8 bars each week
- Get access to the Peter Mazza workbook
- Share your progress in the private Facebook group
- Perform your arrangement in the final session.
will be emailed to you once your registration is complete. Please check your spam box. The email was sent … really. Wait an hour before emailing for help.