Chord Melody – All the Things You Are PART TWO, Selected Saturdays at 1pm EST
Chord Melody From the Ground Up
All the Things You Are
All the Things You Are, Beyond the Head! – Continued! (improvised and arranged solos/unaccompanied playing)
Saturdays at 1pm EST, 90 minutes
Dates: July 10th and 24th, then August 7th, 14th, and 21st
Cost for new students: $199
Current and past students, inquire about a discount!
- comp chords to head
- play melody unaccompanied
- alternate between melody and head chords
- find essential chord tones in melodic solos
- build lines and phrases
- alternate between chords and bass lines and/or chords and single lines
- create walking bass lines
- review of how to apply parent keys/chord/scales to access extended harmonies applied to chords and lines
- develop intricate chord phrases from major and melodic minor than can be applied to each chord in ATTYA
- Master the essentials of cultivating groove and solidifying form knowledge
- Pace your performance with dynamics and energy.
*Students who want to continue to refine their ATTYA chord melody can do so as part of this class
Join the class live or watch the recordings and participate on your own schedule!
- Class meets online on selected Saturdays
- Join a group of supportive and encouraging jazz guitarists
- Break complex harmony down into simple concepts
- Dive deep into 8 bars each week
- Get access to the Peter Mazza workbook
- Share your progress in the private Facebook group
- Perform your arrangement in the final session.
will be emailed to you once your registration is complete. Please check your spam box. The email was sent … really. Wait an hour before emailing for help.